Matt's Ecoboost Build

Follow progress of your fellow builders. Pictures encouraged!
1,8t
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Matt's Ecoboost Build

Post by 1,8t » 14 Apr 2021, 08:29

Thats magic!
Im speachless, but then again......im Swedish 😁

Matt

Post by Matt » 14 Apr 2021, 11:04

Midlana1 wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 07:49
How is the nose removed, is it hinged? If the hinge is at the front, I'm just wondering whether it can be tipped forward very far.

I hinged the nose on my car at the front because I wanted to be able to open the front by myself. With the Mini, the nose came off as a separate assembly, and it was awkward to handle, especially if there was any wind.
Currently he nose is fixed and comes apart in three pieces, the hood and the fenders. Not ideal as access to the front shocks and brake/clutch reservoirs is cumbersome. I have a dream that the front clip will tilt to show off the pushrod front suspension but it will require some serious engineering and is likely to add substantial weight as the whole assembly will need to be self supporting.

The rear hatch uses hinges from a Miata trunk lid that move upward while pivoting open. A similar design would be need to keep the nose from hitting the ground. Reminds me of an old article in Road and Track (I think). They were reviewing the latest offering from TVR. While taking pictures of the small block Ford the painted surface of the bonnet smashed into the tarmac.

Matt

Post by Matt » 14 Apr 2021, 11:05

rennkafer wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 06:31
"The tires tuck nicely for all except full opposite lock and full compression"

Generally if you're at full lock AND full compression, bad things are happening. I'm thinking you're going to be good to go. I LOVE that bodywork btw... really nicely done, Matt.
Agreed and thanks!

Matt

Post by Matt » 14 Apr 2021, 11:06

1,8t wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 08:29
Thats magic!
Im speachless, but then again......im Swedish 😁
Thank you!