Introductions

Introductions, posting rules, FAQ - What is a "Midlana"? Can I build one? How long does it take? How much does it cost?
Snail
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Introductions

Post by Snail » 19 May 2019, 10:45

Would I be mistaken in assuming that you're M. Kurt Bilinski, builder of the original Midlana?!

Either way, no need to apologize! I'm perfectly comfortable with my decisions. I've always been a bit of a risk taker, so I'm not too bothered. I'm in for the learning experience. But I'll always put my family first...so this may take quite some time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 19 May 2019, 15:54

That's me, and I have a very dry sense of humor, so there's that to deal with here as well :)

JeffD

Post by JeffD » 07 Jul 2019, 23:06

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jeff, and I've just bought the book after being a member here for ages (Life gets in the way). I'm still trying to decide whether to go Locost or Midlana, so when the book arrives I'll be all the better informed to make a decision. I'm in Brisbane, Australia - I notice a few Aussies in here, but sadly none in Queensland, which means different legalities to deal with. Leaning towards a K24 or 6G75 (Depending on weight and physical size) Midlana. Really enjoying everyone's build diaries, and undoubtedly I'll run one, and have plenty of questions for you all. Looking at Buying a donor within the next 3 months, so hopefully I'll have something to show everyone soon!

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Post by freakynami » 08 Jul 2019, 02:10

Welcome Jeff! Good to have another builder down here :)

If you do go the Midlana pathway, you'll certainly enjoy the build if you're anything like the rest of us, one day I hope to be able to comment personally on the driving too :roll:

Even though I'm using one, I admit I don't know my Mitsi engines, that comes from a 380? Double check the year is okay with your engineer if you're intending to go that route, although as you say, it's different in every state here... You would know, with so many QLD registered cars being driven daily in NSW :lol:

JeffD

Post by JeffD » 08 Jul 2019, 18:48

Thanks freakynami.

Yeah, the 6G75 is from the 380 - 175kw from the factory, and forged rods as standard.. Age wise, My engineer has told me that it shouldn't be an issue, but I need to go visit him once the plan is formalised, so that he can go over it all and give the OK for me to make a start.

Just got confirmation that Lulu has shipped my book - W00t!!

JeffD

Post by JeffD » 22 Jul 2019, 22:44

For the Aussie boys - Any issues getting your book??

Apparently 1-5 days for express shipping means 14 days and counting since shipping...

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Post by freakynami » 23 Jul 2019, 02:44

I'm sorry I don't recall how long mine took, but it must have been fast enough for me to not get nervous. I've bought both the bound for my desk at home, and the spiral for the workshop and both turned up in a "reasonable" time, I didn't opt for express shipping as far as I recall though so I would have had lower expectations.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 23 Jul 2019, 06:08

JeffD wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 22:44
For the Aussie boys - Any issues getting your book??

Apparently 1-5 days for express shipping means 14 days and counting since shipping...
Contact Lulu. I've found that's the fastest way to make something show up, usually the same day...

JeffD

Post by JeffD » 23 Jul 2019, 16:28

So, they have come back to me and told me that it has been delivered - to a completely different City to my shipping address. They have asked me to confirm my address, and are placing a re-order for me. It took them 4 days to get back to me, but I suppose they're trying...

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 23 Jul 2019, 17:10

I had a customer is Canada who ordered the book and never got it. He ended up ordering a second one since Lulu claimed that they'd shipped it, it showed up, and we forgot all about it. Six months later, the first book arrived. It had apparently gotten stuck somewhere in the postal system, so yeah, stuff happens.