TeamKill's build...

Follow progress of your fellow builders. Pictures encouraged!
TeamKill
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: TeamKill's build...

Postby TeamKill » 28 Dec 2016, 06:18

question about shocks

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qa1-ds501/overview/

This is the newer model summit seems to be recommending for me. If these will also work, I should be able to pick up 4 of these with springs next month. I will shop around for prices.

dpkilty

Postby dpkilty » 28 Dec 2016, 09:08

http://www.qa1.net/suspension/street-performance-racing-shocks-struts-and-pro-coil-systems/custom-mount-shocks/proma-star-single-adjustable

I think you may need the 601 not the 501. But its possible I am wrong, as I don't remember the shock lengths called for.
You also need to find a spring that matches too...

TeamKill

Postby TeamKill » 07 Apr 2017, 16:20

QA1 DS601's purchased, got some free springs from a friend to try out and size for now, suspension is assembled, most brackets welded in place, doing a final fit and weld as soon as this snow melts.... its April and we just got another 5" of wet snow and low 30's temp.

TeamKill

Postby TeamKill » 14 Jun 2017, 19:28

Update: Image More images in the album on the first page

Suspension brackets welded in place (for the most part) left the push rods a bit long incase i need the extra length to set ride height. A friend Modified a Coleman steering rack to match Miata dimensions. Trying to figure out position for correct geometry this month. but first, buying a bracket from A-A and the rest of the spacers I need.

TeamKill

Postby TeamKill » 20 Oct 2017, 07:16

Update for the end of season. Steering brackets welded in, suspension was it up in its entirety and was satisfactory. I welded just about every thing I could.

I’m looking into rust proofing options for winter now. Might end up with primer and just sand it off in areas I need to weld on. My question now is where to next? Radiator mounting, Gas tank? Shifter and pedals? Floor pans are cut but not welded in.

ChrisS

Postby ChrisS » 20 Oct 2017, 08:24

Looking good. Interesting rack option too.

I've been wondering about rust proofing too. No conclusion as yet :(

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Postby freakynami » 20 Oct 2017, 14:46

I've sprayed my whole chassis with LPS, I figure I'll have to give it a good clean before paint/powder coat, and I can easily acetone wipe before I weld locally. So far it seems to be working well, I won't know if it was a terrible idea until I try to paint it though :)

Return to “Builder's diaries”