Alfa powered build.

Follow progress of your fellow builders. Pictures encouraged!
ChrisS
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Alfa powered build.

Post by ChrisS » 20 Mar 2019, 04:21

I’ve seen some of the parts you’ve cast yourself. Impressive commitment to the DIY ethos!

Thanks for the offer, I’ll put your name in the “useful person” list :D

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS » 10 Apr 2019, 07:46

Nothing worthy of pictures, but I have been doing a bit on the car here and there. Mostly been finishing up the wiring at the front of the car so it’s all properly tied down.

I tried to make a start on the cowl(scuttle/dash top) panel yesterday but am struggling with the profile needed to work round the A pillar as it intersects the curved panel. Only managed to produce lots of scraps of card so far :(

I also spent a bit of time pondering what to do for the ‘gills’.

Met result for the day was pretty much zero, other than testing of the wiring I’d previously completed. Only fault was the front indicators being reversed but that was a simple fault quickly found and corrected. Mixed up a blue wire with a blue/black wire when condensing 3 connectors down to 1 about 6 months back :)

I’ve also been printing a few odd bits for the car and been pretty happy with the results so far. A clip on cover for a battery junction box, the covers for the front suspension brackets to satisfy the inspection we have here and a small adapter ring to improve the fit of the side mirrors into the tube I welded onto the A pillars.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 10 Apr 2019, 10:38

Even decisions that don't immediately result in parts being installed still count as progress.

Much of building a car is spent standing in the garage, staring at the project, and thinking about how to do something. That counts as build time.

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS » 15 Apr 2019, 15:42

Thanks for the assist Andre!
19F1564E-7304-4602-B534-1AA701FA5044.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShadowCat38

Post by ShadowCat38 » 15 Apr 2019, 17:04

Midlana1 wrote:Even decisions that don't immediately result in parts being installed still count as progress.

Much of building a car is spent standing in the garage, staring at the project, and thinking about how to do something. That counts as build time.
It may count, but it still feels frustratingly unproductive.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 15 Apr 2019, 18:40

Think of it as virtual testing of alternatives, ruling out all but the best solution.

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Post by freakynami » 19 Apr 2019, 03:37

Glad to help! That fit does look good, happy days :)