Introductions

Introductions, posting rules, FAQ - What is a "Midlana"? Can I build one? How long does it take? How much does it cost?
allenparkpete
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Introductions

Post by allenparkpete » 02 Dec 2020, 06:31

Hello. I am the Prodigal Lurker. That is (and maybe it'll jar Kurt's memory...maybe not) I used to follow Kurt's Kimini build back in 2005. We even traded a couple of emails back then and I recall when the Kimini was wrapped up, what he would do next. We both discussed a rear engine S7 but Mr. Bilinski took it a step further I see.

A lot has changed in 15 years. Back then YouTube did exist but not the way it is featured now. Instagram? Facebook? Nope. Blogging. That was cutting edge and in some ways still is. There is some much information now compared to the early 2000's that the mystery is somewhat taken out of it but at the same time, I am glad for that evolution too.

I did end up building a Deman SR7 but had to sell it as I finished it due to a major job layoff in 2006. Since then I have been here there and everywhere and finally have a house again...and a garage.

I was seriously interested in building a Rat Rod or a Board Track Racer but looking at some of the Rat Rod builds, while just a blast and I remain a fan, the safety aspect is seriously lacking. As for motorbikes, I truly wanted to be a Motor Bike guy but it won't take. I'm not a motorcyclist.

Then I happened upon Midlana and the Lulu Book (still in the mail). Something clicked and the Midlana seems to scratch all the itches I have. Stay tuned. I hope to get rolling after Christmas but its time to organize and plan first.

- Pete

Midlana1
Site Admin

Post by Midlana1 » 02 Dec 2020, 08:29

Welcome Pete! I'm glad that Midlana scratches all your design itches, and look forward to your build diary. Any idea on what drivetrain?

allenparkpete

Post by allenparkpete » 02 Dec 2020, 11:23

I would see what is available locally first but a Honda powertrain, or Hyundai 1.6L Turbo would be some choices up front.

I don't live in Honda country but 235 miles away is Toronto....which is a Honda town. JDM town in fact. Would not be surprised to get an engine sourced from that area.