Introductions

Introductions, posting rules, FAQ - What is a "Midlana"? Can I build one? How long does it take? How much does it cost?
Midlana1
Site Admin
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Introductions

Postby Midlana1 » 30 Nov 2018, 10:08

Zimbabwe, wow, that's pretty cool, from a world-wide perspective :)

Raymond

Postby Raymond » 03 Dec 2018, 21:53

Thanks for the forum welcome. Looking forward to this project having also built rally cars and single seater monoposto race cars I am under no elusions of what work lies ahead.Think its called a labour of love.
I will post a photo of my light sport aircraft build for ChrisS. If any one is keen I am in the final building stage of a Zenith CH701built from plans NOT a kit, so far its a 5 year project, almost every part is hand made.
Warm regards to all members world wide
from sunny Zimbabwe

Jonathon

Postby Jonathon » 12 Feb 2019, 19:15

Hello everyone,
I just want to to introduce myself and test post a picture.
My name is Jonathon and I’ve wanted to build a car since I was a kid. When I first saw the Locost 7 my first thought was “This is it!!” So after years of on and off again forum creeping I decided to get serious. While doing research I quickly realized the Midlana was the car for me. I don’t have any engineering background and designing correct suspension geometry is definitely beyond my current abilities but I am good at following instructions. With that in mind the Midlana seems to be a great fit. I’ve read through the book and am excited to get started.
8D9CDA96-30AE-4078-9D7A-723601A3366E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 12 Feb 2019, 19:56

Welcome, and you're off to an excellent start. If those are outside walls, consider adding some wall insulation. You'll be happy you did when the weather turns hot or cold.

Jonathon

Postby Jonathon » 12 Feb 2019, 23:59

Midlana1 wrote:Welcome, and you're off to an excellent start. If those are outside walls, consider adding some wall insulation. You'll be happy you did when the weather turns hot or cold.

Thanks, Kurt! It crossed my mind to put up insulation before I built the shelves but between dealing with fiberglass and my own impatience (something that I'll have to work on with this build) I skipped it. I need to buckle down and just get the whole shop done. It's only 18'x20', that should be an afternoon project :lol:

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 13 Feb 2019, 06:01

Every hot summer and cold winter I'm reminded that I should have installed insulation...

Turbomacncheese

Postby Turbomacncheese » 15 Feb 2019, 18:38

Hey guys,
Just wanted to pop in so y'all would know who I am if I say anything on another thread. I won't be building a midlana any time soon because I have to finish my Factory Five kit car first. I figure it's never too early to start planning and thinking, though, especially since I can't actually WORK on the kit car every spare moment. I seriously considered a locost before I bought my kit, but the two things that stopped me were a) lack of confidence in my skills and b) Factory Five makes some SEXY kits. Of course, building the kit has sharpened some of my skills, and since I'll already have a sexy ride.....

Things as they are, I'm really impressed with the thought that went into designing Midlana and it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in a starting point. I'm definitely sold, and have already looked at a work in progress. For the record, SteveO is an excellent ambassador for the community.

I'll likely have to wait another month or two to buy the book because the FF needs some parts here directly. I'm particularly interested in reading about 6cylinder and auto transmission projects (the kit is already a manual turbo 4), so if you have a favorite I should start with, say so.

Finally, big thanks to Kurt for all the hard work, and to everyone else for sharing their experience and knowledge where I can find it.

Tony

Return to “Start here!”