Honda K-series transmission, PPG gears, LSD

Buy and sell Midlana parts.
Midlana1
Site Admin
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Honda K-series transmission, PPG gears, LSD

Postby Midlana1 » 19 Feb 2018, 16:38

In a couple weeks, the Honda K-series “DC5” transmission in Midlana will be up for sale. The specs:

Straight-cut dog-engagement 1-4 PPG gear set, rated for 1000 hp:
1 – 2.615
2 – 1.611
3 – 1.15
4 – 0.909

5th and 6th stock helical Honda (though it’s a DC5, 6th was adding for freeway cruising):
5 – 0.825
6 – 0.659

NOTE: Because 5th and 6th are present, this transmission does not contain the PPG “center brace attachment”.

Final drive: stock Honda 4.389

WaveTrac LSD.

Video of it in operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHsCGUha_DA&feature=youtu.be

This transmission is best suited to a forced-induction street-driven and/or drag-raced car.

$4000.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Re: Honda K-series transmission, PPG gears, LSD

Postby Midlana1 » 13 Mar 2018, 08:48

UPDATE:
The transmission was delivered to WaveTrac so they could update their differential to their latest spec. While in the transmission, they found a couple small "gear teeth" stuck to the magnet - uh oh.

It was later confirmed that these bits were actually off a synchro hub, not the gears themselves, so that's a relief. The unit is being shipped to a Honda transmission shop to be gone through so that the buyer is assured that they're receiving a known-good transmission.

If I don't get any interest here within a few weeks, it'll go to Ebay.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 29 Mar 2018, 06:32

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 08 May 2018, 13:35

Someone's expressed interest in the transmission, wondering how much I'd lower the price. I replied:

If I’d have just pulled the transmission and put it up for sale as-is, I’d agree with you. Because both WaveTrac and the transmission shop went through it though, that changes things. As it’s presented, it’s as close to “new” as a used transmission can be, so for that reason I’m reluctant to lower the price much. Between the gear set, LSD, core, and labor, it can’t be replicated for much less than around $7K, so I’m asking half that, which seems like a deal to me since it’s already assembled. Lastly, it’s not like I’m a sketchy seller, I’ve got a 100% rating and can always be reached through my websites, so you know I’m not going to disappear after the sale.

That said, I realize that it’s only worth what someone’s willing to pay for it. So to your question, how much lower will the price go, not a lot. If you’re willing to wait, it’ll slowly work its way down until it sells, but you risk losing out to someone else - I lowered the starting price another $100. It’s boxed up and waiting to go, and can be shipped the next day after receiving payment.

He replied, saying that in addition to the transmission, he wants a different rear end ratio, and an internal brace. I thought to myself, "okay, but that has nothing to do with my asking price."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-K20-K24-Transmission-PPG-Wavetrac/123122395664?hash=item1caaaaaa10:g:YkwAAOSwEBpavEVq&vxp=mtr

rennkafer

Postby rennkafer » 09 May 2018, 09:20

Few things I hate worse when selling stuff than "what's the lowest you'll go". Start laying out cash and when I say yes, you've figured it out. :roll:
Bill J

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 10 May 2018, 17:59

Transmission is sold and is going into a drag car.

1972Celica

Postby 1972Celica » 11 May 2018, 08:03

Nwhahhhh,
Just as I was to ask you if you could finance me & deliver it in the Montreal area!!! :lol:

Return to “Parts for sale”