Trackday, California Speedway, Nov 9

Prepping and driving your Midlana at an autocross or trackday event.
Midlana1
Site Admin
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Trackday, California Speedway, Nov 9

Postby Midlana1 » 16 Oct 2013, 09:53

This track is, frankly, intimidating. Because it was built for both NASCAR and Indy type cars, it's really fast. For trackday events, half the oval is used, along with the inner track to make it a bit more "road racing.". Still, it's intimidated; with his Super Stalker, my brother said that he reached 152 mph down the front straght, never mind the very big concrete walls just about everywhere. Still, it'll serve its purpose, allowing trackday comments to be added to the book (at just about the latest date possible for a December 1 release). And, no one says that I have to go 160 mph down the front straight if I don't want to. Still, it's hard not to think of the course as four dragstrips connected by U-turns, with a large penis in the center...

PS: If you can't see the entire track, hold down your Cntl key while you adjust your screen size with the mouse wheel.

jaxmadine

Re: Trackday, California Speedway, Nov 9

Postby jaxmadine » 17 Oct 2013, 18:57

Good luck. Wonder why they designed the penis ....
they need a chicane like daytona to split up that straight. At least the tracks real wide.
Your tyres are rated for over 160 right? I forgot.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Re: Trackday, California Speedway, Nov 9

Postby Midlana1 » 17 Oct 2013, 19:28

Funny you ask that; I checked just yesterday. They're Z-rated tires, which unfortunately means that they're rated for "some" speed above 150 mph - and they don't say how much. I don't expect any blowouts because the car's so light, but yeah, it'll be in the back of my mind.

Return to “Trackdays/Autocross”