Colors

External options and variations: rear end mods, side vents, doors, cage mods, wings(!), etc.
spmF1000
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Re: Kurt Bilinski's build

Postby spmF1000 » 10 Feb 2011, 16:59

Now that you mention the wheels, it's probably not a bad idea to consider their color when picking paint so they don't stick out from the rest of the paint job. For the car I'm planning to build, I'm considering blacking out everything: black wheels, black paint, maybe even tint windows. Maybe you could do something similar with a black base color, but use the gray from the wheels as the accent color for the frame, suspension, and striping/graphics. Or you could reverse that and use the gray as the base with black as the accent:

It is somewhat taste-specific, but it would give it a sinister look and the wheels would blend into the paint job, which probably isn't a bad thing. It would be sort of a "modern look" for the "modern 7," I guess.
http://www.sm1design.posterous.com

MaxN

Postby MaxN » 10 Feb 2011, 17:53

Midlana1 wrote:What goes with cream... black... but what else?

Most anything

Cream panels, dark silver chassis, silver wheels, black bits, red bits, even blue bits would all work

SAILINON

Postby SAILINON » 11 Feb 2011, 02:48

Kurt, I'm always amazed at the velocity of this build as compared to Kimini. I enjoy reading both the diaries, but the speed of this build is mind boggling when you compare the two.

Great work!
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”
-Hemmingway

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 14 Feb 2011, 07:56

I may have found the color... a pale green seen on a Honda, and reminded me how much I liked the color scheme on... I think it was a Morgen factory race car but haven't found any pictures. Anyway, the light green would go well with the gray seat covers and dark gray wheels. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

imirk

Postby imirk » 14 Feb 2011, 09:34

That wouldn't be Samba Green? I had a Del Sol and always wished it was Samba Green instead of Turquoise.

justin.s.gray

Postby justin.s.gray » 14 Feb 2011, 10:02

It's gotta be the green used on a honda insight. Hence the obvious hesitance to admit the source of the color :)

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 14 Feb 2011, 12:54

A gray tube chassis, very light-green panels, and darker green fenders. That could work.

And no, it wasn't Samba Green, it was much lighter, like that green mixed with white...

imirk

Postby imirk » 14 Feb 2011, 15:42

Sounds Minty :P

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 14 Feb 2011, 15:48

I'll have to find the picture of the race car - I think it was a Le Mans car and maybe had the name of a bank on it. Barkley's maybe? Might make sense because it was a Morgan. I don't really care for green much (green-green), but a two or three-color combination can come out really nice.

clasdauskas

Postby clasdauskas » 15 Feb 2011, 06:16

This one?
Morgan Aero 8 GT3 front.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Body mods and options”