2017 Reflections of the years' builds

Issues, solutions, helpful hints, shortcuts, tools, etc
Midlana1
Site Admin
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

2017 Reflections of the years' builds

Postby Midlana1 » 30 Dec 2017, 11:35

Builders made great progress this year, though it's apparent how much life can slow our builds. On the Locost forum it's not as obvious because a stalled thread just gets covered by more recent ones. In addition, I view the Locost forum via the "view new posts" link, so stopped builds don't appear at all, giving the false impression that all builds are moving right along. On this forum, reality is much more obvious, that building a car is a luxury, and properly appears down the list of Important Things, below family, careers, and finances, as it should.

I realize most of the build threads here aren't actually stopped and are just taking a breather due to more important things going on, but I admit I'm also very keen to see more Midlanas on the road. When that starts happening, it'll fill out the remaining gray areas of this site and move it to the next level.

Happy building in 2018!

steveo

Re: 2017 Reflections of the years' builds

Postby steveo » 02 Jan 2018, 19:11

Thanks Kurt! Mine will definitely be speeding up due to my new "Retiree!" status! Come on guys! Let's weld!!!

ChrisS

Postby ChrisS » 03 Jan 2018, 03:23

I'll get back to mine soon. I've always suffered with massive inertia in pretty much everything I do though, so once I stop, it takes an effort to get going again....but of course, once started, just try and stop me :)

I've been thinking about the next steps on my build during the hiatus so it hasn't been totally neglected.

steveo

Postby steveo » 03 Jan 2018, 06:47

We must be related Chris!

ShadowCat38

Postby ShadowCat38 » 14 Jan 2018, 05:03

Moving from Iowa to Oklahoma was a pretty effective way to put the brakes on my progress this last year. Now that I'm resettled, my work schedule has slightly improved again with the new year and I have my early morning garage time back. I'm ready to reestablish the work pace I had when I started this build. Unless there's some sort of epic tragedy, there shouldn't be a problem with that.

Return to “General Build Discussion”