dash and dash switches

Issues, solutions, helpful hints, shortcuts, tools, etc
gto1973
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

dash and dash switches

Postby gto1973 » 09 Sep 2017, 23:17

so what's everyone doing for there dashes and dash switches?
are there any of those digital dashes that will control everything needed for a minimalist build?
do any of them include a built in ecu?
also the digital dashes look expensive but I don't know how that compares to a dash full of good gauges

ChrisS

Re: dash and dash switches

Postby ChrisS » 10 Sep 2017, 00:54

My plan is to use the instrument cluster from my donor car. I confess I'm a bit concerned about how it'll look, as I've seen cars done this way in the past and they can look naff! I'm hoping it'll look OK as it's not a bad looking thing compared to some. If I wasn't using it, I think I'd go for a digital dash of some variety rather than seperate gauges as it's neater and wouldn't be susprised if it's cheaper. Certainly going to be easier to get it all set up and would probably offer more extras than seperate gauges.

My build was originally intended to be as cheap as I could make it without too many compromises, and although I've been able to up spec a few things like the seats, I am still trying to keep a lid on the spending and I know from previous experience that you can spend a lot on gauges and senders. Another factor for me is I'm using the donor wiring loom as well as all the controls and switches so keeping the instrument cluster helps with that as it's jammed full of electronics that support some of the functions like cruise control, warning lights and diagnostics.

rennkafer

Postby rennkafer » 10 Sep 2017, 13:45

I'm using one of these... full data aq and dash gauges. You can run two separate screens with your dash and timing separately.

https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/racecapturepro-mk3/

Here's a demo of the multiple dash setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul9FW9I9Exs
Bill J

gto1973

Postby gto1973 » 11 Sep 2017, 00:25

yea I just want something that's easy to operate if its digital and will look good in the car :roll:

Return to “General Build Discussion”