IC Air Intake

Issues, solutions, helpful hints, shortcuts, tools, etc
fastwes
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

IC Air Intake

Post by fastwes » 24 Sep 2011, 06:57

Your screened intercooler air intake is perfect! It should be protected enough to be practical and does all it needs to. It isn't a stick out, show off "look at my di**" add-on like lots of items on foo foo race and street cars. It is a beautiful compromise in design. It will even flow more at high speed, getting positive pressure from that wide fender sticking out. As is obvious, I greatly respect how you are doing things on this car.

Midlana1
Site Admin

Re: IC Air Intake

Post by Midlana1 » 24 Sep 2011, 10:05

Thanks, after banning Mr. Buy My Fake Handbags I'm now able to see your post.

Actually, I'm pretty insecure about stuff, always sure that there are better, faster, cheaper, and better-looking ways of doing things!

fastwes

Re: IC Air Intake

Post by fastwes » 27 Sep 2011, 14:33

You don't have to be insecure about anything! Most of what you've designed and actually built yourself is just fine on all counts. My dad kind of taught me that most of the folks that are negative about what you build have no clue about doing it themselves. The act of writing/showing what you have produced is also one of the most courageous things anyone can do. There could always be some PHD dude with a super computer that MIGHT come up with a slightly lighter or better shaped design, if he had enough time, and the proper input parameters. It's all a compromise, and you have made some great choices! Start believing in your work....I ain't blowing smoke. How large of a design team in any modern company would it take (and how much money?) to do what you are doing?