2.0 Ecoboost Crate Engine, now with ECU

Drivetrains, ECUs, brakes, lights, radiator, instruments, etc
bgkast
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

2.0 Ecoboost Crate Engine, now with ECU

Postby bgkast » 03 Jun 2015, 09:02

This value priced kit includes the 2.0L Focus ST EcoBoost engine kit and M-6017-20T Controls Pack to run the engine.

The M-6007-20T Engine Kit kit includes:

EcoBoost Engine from 2013-2014 Ford Focus ST
Production rating of 252 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM
Production rating of 270 lb. ft. of torque @ 3,000 RPM
When used with Engine Control Pack M-6017-20T and 93 octane unleaded fuel, torque is increased 90 lb. ft at 2800 RPM - with a significant increase up to 4200 RPM. See the power curve for PN M-6017-20T
All-aluminum construction - about 55 pounds lighter than a comparable naturally aspirated V6 engine
9.3:1 compression ratio - Premium fuel recommended
Ti-VCT Strategy Employs twin independent variable camshaft timing for optimized fuel economy, performance and emissions
Borg-Warner Turbocharger with low-inertia rotor spins at speeds up to 195,000 rpm, producing up to 16 psi of boost
Optimized design ensures that maximum torque is achieved at very low engine revs
Peak torque available from 2,000 to 4,500 rpm
Direct-Injection high-pressure fuel system
Seven jets on each injector spray fuel directly into the combustion chamber
Engine design has been optimized for maximum operating efficiency, with a focus on minimizing friction and other parasitic losses
Low-friction coatings on the piston rings and highly polished surfaces on the tappets
Engine Kit Includes:
Starter
Alternator
Front accessory drive and belt
Intercooler and air intake ducting
Air Cleaner Assembly
Manual Transmission flexplate/flywheel
M-6017-20T Controls Pack includes:
Unique controls pack harness replaces stock body harness and is designed for custom built vehicle. Harness includes OBD-II diagnostic port to assist in vehicle calibration upload and problem diagnosis.
Includes PCM with Ford Racing performance calibration
Includes Electronic Throttle Control accelerator pedal, eliminating throttle cable routing problems

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/p ... ield=25303

Midlana1
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 Ecoboost Crate Engine, now with ECU

Postby Midlana1 » 03 Jun 2015, 10:29

For brand new, the $6000 price isn't terribly bad since it includes the harness and ECU. Hopefully dealers will compete and drive the price down some.

I wonder how ECU tuning is handled. That is, if you want to up boost, run ethanol, change the intake or exhaust, will users be able to modify the ECU map?

I see the listed weight is "0 pounds", nice!

dpkilty

Postby dpkilty » 03 Jun 2015, 11:09

http://www.cobbtuning.com/

Cobb is already working on the ecu. Their accessport is a great way to play with the ecu. Plus they have a huge nationwide "Tuner" base of shops that are licensed to tune with their software/maps.

WickedOne

Postby WickedOne » 03 Jun 2015, 12:59

And here I thought the 3 cylinder engine would be the first to hit the market with all the standalone pieces. (because they are used in a racing series)

This means that ecus & harnesses will exist which will soon let us use junkyard engines without all the hassle of rewiring.

carlm
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Postby carlm » 03 Jun 2015, 20:46

Man, I wonder if I could put that engine in my Ford Ranger. It would be nice to be able to outpace something even marginally faster than a VW bus.

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Postby freakynami » 04 Jun 2015, 01:32

I don't quite know why, but I just love the concept of a crate motor. Now, if they freely supplied the CAD at the time of placing an order even better (maybe they do if you ask nicely these days???)

bgkast

Postby bgkast » 05 Jun 2015, 10:32

The ECU kit is $1800, your are may as well spend another $4200 on a 0-mile engine. :D

Matt

Postby Matt » 19 Nov 2015, 12:30

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/cr ... -9000-20tk
https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/cr ... -6007-20t/

Not sure what the differences between these two are but the price is getting better.

The controls pack is available separately here for $1,426.35 and comes with everything needed for standalone including the harness, PCM and pedal.

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/el ... nsmission/

Aside from a couple of MGB's I have only driven Fords so this would allow me to stay in that family.

The junkyard Escape engines are a bit cheaper than the Focus ST options. Yes they are down a little on power but I think I could be happy with 240hp. Any opinions on whether this controls pack will work?

Return to “Needed parts and where to get them”