Kimini Book

The Midlana book, and links to other books and cool sites.
Langan

Kimini Book

Postby Langan » 22 Dec 2008, 14:49

For me the Kimini book is a good read. Sums up a lot of info from diferent books and gives you what you need befor building. GREAT JOB

freakynami
Anti-spam question: 0
Are you a spammer: Yes

Re: Kimini Book

Postby freakynami » 23 Dec 2008, 18:02

Yep, agreed. I followed the web page, and then bought the book as soon as it was available. Well put together guide, I'm looking forward to the new book and the new car :)

Marcosmadness

Postby Marcosmadness » 09 Jan 2009, 19:50

The Kimini book is definitely worth having. Easy to read and the topics are presented well. When I recently received my copy of the Kimini book the binding wasn't done right and the first 15 pages or so were "loose" at the bottom. I sent an email to Lulu support, told them the problem, and they quickly offered a refund or a new book. I chose the new book as I want a copy that I can keep after I read it. I was impressed with their customer support... quick, responsive, and acceptable options with no "drama". I thought they deserved some recognition on this forum.

Midlana1
Site Admin
Anti-spam question: 4
Are you a spammer: No

Postby Midlana1 » 09 Jan 2009, 19:53

I'm glad to see they're getting their act together. Two years ago when I first started using Lulu (yes, that's really their name) they struck me as a very young company with a lot of teething problems. However, once the book was in their system it's pretty much been hands-off, as it should be.

isaac

Postby isaac » 20 Jan 2009, 23:17

agreed with other comments r.e good service:

i ordered my book about the 8th dec 08 as an xmas present and lulu siad it should arrive on the 25th dec, haha i thought, this is the xmas period and so i wasnt expecting it til at least mid jan at the earlisest.

lo' and behold the book was printed, packed and shipped around the world (to new zealand) by the 23rd dec. 2 whole days before the quoted time, amazing normally and especially considering it was the xmas period.
book quality is great also.

to me, the book is pretty much worth it alone for the chapter on the shifter setup, ive never been able to figure out how kurt did it following the diaries and its great he mentioned there was another, easier way to do it as well :D

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 21 Jan 2009, 06:11

I had a revelation about the shifter for this car which may make it much easier to do, if the stock cables will reach. ;)

isaac

Postby isaac » 25 Jan 2009, 19:35

care to share?

Midlana1
Site Admin

Postby Midlana1 » 26 Jan 2009, 06:27

Have to have some reason for people to buy the book - if I put everything here - pffft! The InterWeb is all about free and I have to dig in my heels at some point.

I'll spill the beans if I'm unable to use the solution in Midlana. It all depends if the stock cables and factory shifter will fit... which is looking less likely.

isaac

Postby isaac » 27 Jan 2009, 00:14

oh sorry kurt, thought it was someone else who had an idea r.e shifter.

already got the kimini book and will prob get midlana when it comes too so dont worry bout me ;)

Hasbro

Postby Hasbro » 30 Mar 2009, 22:32

I'm the proud owner of one of the original books. I think it was a test print or something like that- Kurt? It's probably worth thousands by now... :D
Add lightness

Return to “Books, references, and useful links”